for FEATHER BLUE STUDIOS, www.FeatherBlueStudios.com
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
Your privacy is important to us Feather Blue Studios (the “Company”) and we are committed to protecting your privacy online. Please read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use, and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information, and how to contact us in the case of a privacy concern.
WHAT DOES PERSONAL INFORMATION CONSIST OF?
Visitors to and users of the site are referred to as “user”, “you” and “your” and our Company is referred to as “we”, “us”, and “our”.
On the Site, we provide information about and market services related to small businesses, photography and portrait art (including our Senior Scene, high school senior picture brand), modeling and fashion (including our Model Integrity brand), stock photography (including our Fresh Feathers Stock brand), business strategy, visual branding, brand strategy, social media, copywriting, graphic design, and more (the “Service”). Use of the Site, including all materials presented herein and all online Services provided by Company, is subject to this Policy. This Policy applies to all site visitors, customers and all other users of the Site and its content.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT, WHY, AND HOW IS IT USED?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data.
>> CATEGORIES OF DATA THAT WE MAY COLLECT:
- Communication Data: We may collect Communications Data which includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in replying to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- User Data: We may collect User Data which includes data about how you use our website and any online services, together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases, and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, which enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data: We may collect Technical Data which includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. If you use our website via a mobile device or app, we may collect information about your mobile device, including device ID, model and manufacturer, and location information. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and marketing to you, and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, which enable us to properly administer our website and our business, to grow our business, and to determine our appropriate marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data: We may collect Marketing Data which includes a name and email address so that we can deliver our newsletter to you, data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to take part in our promotions, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you, and to measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, which are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business, and to determine our marketing strategy.
- Social Media Data: We may access Social Media Data to the extent of which your social media settings allow, which includes personal data from social networking sites and apps, including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter. Data collected may include your name, your social network username, location, email address, gender, profile picture and any other public information. If you do not want us to access this information, please go to the specific social networking site and change your privacy settings. Our lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, such as to study how customers use our products/services, to develop appropriate new products or services, to grow our business and to determine our marketing strategy.
- Targeted Advertisements: We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook ads or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests, which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you under the lawful basis of consent and/or legitimate interests, specifically to grow our business.
- Mobile Device Data: If you use our website via a mobile device or app, we may collect information about your mobile device, including device ID, model and manufacturer, and location information. Our lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims, performance of a contract between you and us, or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- Other Data: On occasion, you may give us additional data in order to enter into a contest or giveaway or to participate in a survey. You will be prompted for this information and it will be clear that you are offering this kind of information in exchange for an entry into such a contest or giveaway.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of any contract between us, and you do not provide us with such data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (i.e., deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered, in which case we will make every effort to notify you of the situation.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We may receive data from third-parties such as analytics providers such as Google, advertising networks such as Facebook, search information providers such as Google, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as merchants, data brokers or aggregators.
YOUR PUBLIC DATA MAY BE ACCESSIBLE BY OTHERS
In situations when you voluntarily make your Personal Data available for public viewing by others online, through this Website or its content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e. posting on a Social Media page, or making a comment on a blog post).
WHY WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
When necessary, and with security in mind, we may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Other companies who provide services to us (such as our newsletter providers in order to contact you via email, our merchant accounts to process payments, website plug-in companies that help us store and process information for client memberships, Google and social media platforms in order to run email and advertisements, and our affiliates).
- Service providers such as those who provide IT assistance, business services, or website / social media system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, accountants, bookkeepers, auditors and insurers.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties in the case that we were to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
- For legal purposes: We may share your data as required by law or to respond to legal process, including a subpoena, or as necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of others. This includes sharing information with other parties to prevent or address fraud and to avoid credit risks.
HOW WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION AND KEEP IT SECURE
Personal Data that you provide is stored through one or more data management systems, such as an email provider or membership plug-in provider, or on-site. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data (i.e., our hosting provider(s), website developer(s), newsletter provider(s), payment processor(s) or team members).
We take reasonable measures to protect the Personal Data you provide to us from misuse, disclosure or unauthorized access.
This website is operated in the United States and the third parties with whom we might share your personal information as explained above are primarily located in the United States.
In some cases, your data may be transferred outside of your country, such as when one of our third party providers or payment processors is located in a different country than you the user.
If you are located in the European Union (EU) or elsewhere outside of the United States, please note that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States. By using this website, participating in any of its services and/or providing your information, you consent to this transfer.
WHAT IS OUR DATA RETENTION POLICY?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We will occasionally evaluate data that is stored and determine if it should be kept or deleted, based on the nature, sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, and the processing purposes.
For of our tax purposes we are required by law to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years.
In regards to email marketing purposes, you are able and welcome to unsubscribe at any time, and / or change your subscription preferences when applicable.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
COMPLIANCE AND YOUR RIGHTS
For our users/subscribers within the European Union, we have taken intentional actions to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), in order to protect the personal information of our users and customers.
For users under the GDRP regulations, you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent. You have the right to complain to a supervising authority if you believe we are misusing your data or have violated any of your rights under the Policy or applicable law.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, or you are a user with questions about your Data pertaining to our Site, please email us.
In some circumstances and depending on the legal regulations of the customer or subscriber, you may be charged a reasonable fee for the time spent accessing your personal data.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Any of our e-newsletter subscribers may unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all email communications. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We strive to work with other companies, plug-ins, and applications that also protect your information, but we do not have control over these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Our website is not directed at children, and we do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 13 years old or older. We will not intentionally store information from a person under age 13.
In reference to users located in the EU regulated under the GDRP, we will not knowingly collect or store information for anyone under the age of 16.
CHANGES TO THESE POLICIES
We are the data controllers as we are collecting and using your Personal Data.
Owner: Shannon Tacheny
Feather Blue Studios is based in the United States.
This Policy was last updated on May 25, 2018.